- Category: Uncategorised
- Written by Damian
- Hits: 3064
- Studies and teaching should be oriented towards the interests and abilities of the students.
- As much free space as possible in teaching, research, and practice, and a responsible use of it on the side of the teaching staff as well as on the side of the student is indispensible/essential.
- At least until the accreditation within Germany, the USA accredited certificate will be awarded.
- As a perspective a transatlantic final degree with the College of the Atlantic is under development.
- The core curriculum is conforming to the international standards of human ecology (e.g. the Manchester Declaration).
- Beside English, German is the central teaching language due to the interconnectedness of the College of Human Ecology with the respective regions.
- Human Ecology: an overarching general orientation in all studies.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: a study program that combines humanities, sciences and arts and lets students choose courses from these disciplines according to their own inclinations and goals.
- Project based learning: a fully project-oriented study program geared to the interests and competencies of the students.
- Problem based learning: projects that are centered on real problems with its environmental implications.
- Practice based learning: projects that connect to real life experiences in companies, institutions and organizations, which become part of the program itself.
- Process based learning: projects that are part of learning organization.
- Participative learning: projects which involve the people in- and outside the organizations.
- Real World Labs are the location to bring these principles together.